Goodfellows Estate Agents Posted: 22nd March 2022

How to provide accommodation under 'Homes for Ukraine'

The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) has published updates to their guidance for people across the UK, who intend to offer accommodation to those fleeing war in Ukraine. The guidance outlines that the scheme is a bespoke arrangement of non-paying guests, so sitting outside the usual tenancy regimes. Registration sits at the heart of the scheme. Those registered will receive updates and information on the checks that DLUHC will make on both sponsors and Ukrainian nationals. The UK Government has made it clear that tenants must ask permission from the landlord if they wish to be a sponsor. Additionally, the scheme requires the accommodation to be self-contained or comprise at least a spare room that is unoccupied. 

Click the link below for more information.

How to provide accommodation under Homes for Ukraine | Propertymark

How Much is Your Property Worth?

Get in Touch

Discover your dream home or unlock your property's potential with Goodfellows, your local property experts in the North East of England. Contact us now and turn your property goals into a reality.

Contact Us